As a Sr. Operations Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the deployment, maintenance, security and 24/7 support of the JamLoop video real-time bidding (RTB) platform. We require this role to have a deep focus on automation, monitoring and metrics, and creating long term sustainable solutions to operational challenges.
This is a unique opportunity to have a huge impact at a programmatic ad tech start-up at a crucial moment in our growth. JamLoop is in the enviable position of building an infrastructure to better serve our clients. Our RTB platform will conduct millions of transactions out of the gate. The right candidate is a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership who can drive issues to completion; someone who can adapt quickly, and create working solutions for problems which span a broad technology stack, while working closely and collaboratively with operations, product, and account management.
- 24/7 operational reliability, scalability, and support of a video RTB platform
- Evaluate vendor and hosting options, and tracking and optimizing operational costs
- Help define and refine system architecture of platform, including defining host types, network configuration, cloud services and options, etc., as well as making provisioning of hosts of certain classes automated and repeatable
- Implement monitoring and alerting of production system to support production support and capacity planning
- Capacity planning and cost estimation of future platform operational requirements
- Lead production support by defining and implementing severity levels and incident response protocol
- Level 1 production support including on-call support
- Implementing automated provisioning of hosts in multiple environments, including configuration management
- Implementing automated continuous integration and release
- Troubleshooting application, network, security and hardware issues
- Customize Git and connect with other developer tools
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understand every aspect of a successful RTB system in production
- Experience defining and evolving the network and system architecture an RTB platform or other high transitional platform. This may involve both bare metal hosts in colocation data centers and hosting from leading cloud services such as AWS and GCE.
- Strong Git (branching, cherry picking, submodules)
- Proven experience with Linux (Ubuntu) package and configuration management
- Experience supporting distributed systems in Linux
- Experience in Bash and Shell scripting
- Familiarity with C/C++ languages and build systems
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies (Amazon EC2/Google GCE)
- Familiarity with automation frameworks (Saltstack/Fabric/Puppet)
- Experience scripting in some common scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby), with Python experience a strong plus